How is everyone doing? Well I hope. Today is the day that I start being more open and honest with myself and others. I want to tell my story and share my experiences in hopes of reaching at least someone who can relate and possibly benefit from my life lessons.
Before I jump right into posting about my life on here are some things that you should know about me:
- I’m pansexual – meaning that I don’t see gender as deciding factor in who I get close to on an intimate level. I’m more attracted to one’s mind over their body.
- I’m polyamours. No, I’m not a cheater my partners know about each other and are fine with me being with other people. If there’s an issue we work together to fix it on our own.
- I consider myself gender other but not entirely trans. My primary partner IS a trans man who has been open about his decision to transition for about seven months.
- I’m a practicing Pagan, who’s trying to reach out to the Pagan community after being a solitary Witch for most of my life.
- I’m overweight and working on getting in shape. To me it’s a journey and every step in the right direction is a win.
- I smoke pot from time to time. Yes, I live in a place where it’s legal. Yes, I understand the risks of doing it. No, it’s not an issue for me, and no, I don’t want to quit. If I did I would so don’t bother getting uppity with me about it.
- I suffer from depression and anxiety. I have been diagnosed with a multitude of mental illnesses and I still don’t completely know what it is/how to cope with my mental illness. I’m actively working to better understand these issues. Maybe if I can better understand my issues I can help others to understand themselves.
- I’m not entirely for either of the two major US political parties. For some reason this concept seems to confuse people. It’s like you must be either a Democrat or a Republican and there’s no other party out there. This pisses me off greatly.
- If my blood family ever found out about most of this I’d never hear the end of it so I’ve kept so much to myself. I don’t want to have to do that anymore.
There’s a strong chance that some if not all these topics will come up in my posts at one time or another so you’ve been warned.
Now, if there’s anyone left reading this. Let’s get on with the introduction. I’m not too great with the typical introduction but here it goes…
My name’s Derema Phoenixia. Coming from the words “dream” and “phoenix.” I’ve been living in the Pacific Northwest for about four years now. I love this place and though the cost of living is crazy I’m happy to call this area home. I’m originally from Kansas but I’ve lived in northern Nevada for most of my life. I’m open-minded and love learning about new places and ways of life.
Yeah, that’s about all I can think of for now. I hope you all enjoy getting to know me and reading about my life’s happenings.